Friday, March 19

Nudges

Even though I have horrible spelling (not really, but it makes me sound more street tough) I am not trying to spell nuggets. With that extremely awkward sentence out of the way maybe I can start writing about what I wanted to write about. I wanted to talk about that nudge you get from people, whether it be to go in the wrong direction or the right direction and how that nudge changes you and your life.
I have had many nudges, some of them good and some of them bad. I do not know why we need it sometimes, but we need a push. Now do not get me wrong, I usually do what I believe is right, but sometimes that little nudge gets me to go in a direction I would not normally have gone.
I am grateful for my friends and family that give me the nudges. Because of some of the nudges I have recently received I do not just want to settle. This is something I have done before, not because I do not have goals or like mediocrity, but because I always have the belief that I will be good at it my job and advance. This is what I have done in the past; worked somewhere, been a good to great employee, been promoted, rinse, and repeat.

More than anyone my mom and wife have always nudged me in the directions they feel have been in my best interest. In my opinion the path they sent me on has given me the best thing in my world, my daughter Erin May. Usually people believe in me and I want to thank @GeekShui (The man, the myth, the legend of GeekShuiLiving.Com ) because he gave me a few kind words and a few nudges that I think could take me to the next great thing and have definitely been a bit of inspiration. It sounds corny, but it really is true... so thank you.
So here is to my nudges and to the people that feverishly sweep the path in front of me to get me to go the right way (curling reference). I have lived my life to this point and I am happy with how things have turned out, I am ready for the next chapter and seeing my little girl grow up and be the wonderful person I know she will be. I also kind of look forward to 3D TVs and 3D videogames.

P.S. The bonsai tree is my most zen like image so.....you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what instinctively made me go to your blog tonight. Ok, it was probably that I typed "http://g" to do my daily Geek Shui Living admin functions and the suggestion from my browser favorites popped up. Imagine my surprise when I read this post and saw my handle mentioned in it. Thanks. I am honored that you would cite me as a "nudger". I only hope it is in the right direction. Anytime you need some nudging...or anything else, just let me know. Ultimately, you don't need any nudging at all. It's just a matter of time until you find your niche in the universe and fill it! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger